Dr. Basil Considine
Recent Directing Engagements
[table id=1 /]
- Director for more than 15 new operas, plays, and musicals.
- Veteran choral, orchestral, pit, and opera conductor.
- Clinician for high school and college singing and acting master classes.
- Rehearsal pianist for more 20 additional musicals, concerts, and scene programs.
- 11 years of post-baccalaureate experience coaching singers and singer-actors.
- Conducting studies with Simon Carrington (longtime director of the King’s Singers), Ryan Murphy (Associate Conductor of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir), Brian O’Connell, and David Martins.
- Extensive experience with opera premieres and new works development.
- Training in Alexander Technique, scenes coaching, and vocal pedagogy.
- Former manager of Shiley Theater, University of San Diego.
- Former manager of the Peace and Justice Auditorium, University of San Diego.
- Excellent with children and actors who act like children.
Selected Other Experience
- Artistic Director, Really Spicy Opera, 2006-present
- Co-Director, Morningside Theatre Company, 2017-present
- Member, Schola Cantorum, Basilica of St. Mary (Minneapolis, MN), 2014-present
- Bass Section Leader, Cathedral Choir, Basilica of St. Mary (Minneapolis, MN), 2014-present
- Bass Section Leader, St. Cecilia’s (Boston, MA), 2012-2013
- Scenes Coach, Boston University, 2007-2011
- Assistant Director of Music, Catholic Center at Boston University, 2004-2008
- Assistant Director of Music, Founder’s Chapel, University of San Diego, 2002-2003
- Head of Chamber Instruments, Founder’s Chapel, University of San Diego, 2001-2002